SciDB log files contain a wealth of information and are super useful for various purposes (e.g. debugging issues, identifying query optimizations).
To change the SciDB logging level, go to:
sudo vi /opt/scidb/18.1/share/scidb/log4cxx.properties
The important lines are below:
### # Levels: TRACE < DEBUG < INFO < WARN < ERROR < FATAL ### # ... log4j.rootLogger=WARN, file log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.File=scidb.log log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=100MB
In the above config file,
- the log level is set at
- log files are rolled after they reach 100 MB. (By default, the last 10 such files are stored)
NOTE: If you change the log-level, you will need to restart SciDB for the change to take effect.
SciDB log levels
INFO log level, one can
- see queries submitted to SciDB
- see query evaluation times
INFO level is recommended for production settings.
DEBUG log level, one can
- do the above, plus
- view the Plan for query submitted to SciDB
- view time spent in different parts of the engine